Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Advice to Startups

I just finished watching a talk by David Heineimeier Hansson, who is the creator of Ruby on Rails and a partner at 37signals.  The talk was part of Stanford's Entrepreneurship series and focused on Mr. Hansson's advice for starting a company and running a business

I was very impressed by Mr. Hansson's talk.  It has compelled me to download his book Rework to my Kindle.  Mr. Hansson and I share many sentiments about business: meetings can be helpful but are generally a waste of time; revenue doesn't matter as much as profit; quality of time working matters more than quantity; planning is guessing; and most importantly, you can do a lot with a small team.

Watching this video also got my entrepreneurship blood percolating -- both my parents were/are entrepreneurs.  I have often thought about starting my own venture, but so far I have not been able to get any traction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment